Monday, January 18, 2010

welcome

Hello family and friends. You have all been invited to join us for Fitness February. All you have to do is set a fitness goal for yourself for the month of February. I've developed this blog for you to visit and contribute to. We will be able to share our goals, share resources, and keep each other motivated. Stay in the loop by visiting this site!

13 comments:

  1. my goal is too get ripped like "the situation" from the jersey shore...

    ReplyDelete
  2. My goal is to get 40 mins of cardio in four days a week, lift and get some kind of abs in. HEE HEE HEE... I will NEED you all to hold me to this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha, Sun!! No enhancing drugs allowed... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would like to put on some serious mass, and look something like Ronnie from Jersey Shore. I will accomplish this feat through a strict GTL (gym, tan, laundry) regiment as described on JS. This will add tons of mass and keep me looking fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want to look like Snookie...someone give me a Bump It! and a black eye ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hafa Adai!! I love this!! My group here on Guam have already started. We started last week with the weigh ins and 30 minute walks after school. It's kind of nice because instead of us sitting in class or in the faculty room talking- we were out walking around!! Tomorrow we're changing it up and doing Salsa!!! My goal is to do a workout with them, but then also 2 or 3 more activities during the week like tennis, swimming or taking a zumba class. Today I just made my dates for those activities! I so want to lose weight!! Please keep me excited about this and motivated!! Knowing you guys are all into it is inspiring!! Love to all!! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm going to start my day off right with 5 minutes of light stretching. I will be packing my lunches for the rest of the month and having dinner at home. So I will be eating healthier and saving money at the same time.

    We are suppose to do a 4 person relay in March, but my manager (Susa) has been sleeping on the job. If you weren't working for free I would have fired you already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. First, Red Vines all the way.
    I do apologize to you Sotivear because although I have been sleeping on the job, I was really sick for the firt half of this month. I'm feeling better now and I'll put my feelers out about the relay. Still interested?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am planning to do the historical "Long Walk" sheduled for Saturday, June 5th. Jeff Tobes of the Sonoma County Historical Society puts on an annual historical walk, last year it was 20 miles in the SF area, this year it will be from Petaluma to the Tomales Regional History Center via Two Rock. To prepare for this event, I will begin walking 2-5 miles, 3 times per week then take increasingly longer walks every three weeks (10, 15 and 20 miles). For those interested in joining me, applications will be online at the sonomacountyhistory.org website in January. Also, I would like to continue my pilates/zumba classes at Tone's at least 3 times/wk. Wish me lots of luck and HAPPY WALKING!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Alright, so I'm committing to do a half-marathon which sounds crazy to me, but it seems that's what this february seems to be about. If anyone wants to join me in Oakland, March 28th, for a flat course, clif bars and gu, I'd love the company.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blogging for Grandma: Grandma plans to walk from her house to the "stop sign" down the block, 3 times per week (if it is not raining). Yeah, Grams!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Challenge... A full month of complete fitness.
    Complete meaning eating, sleeping, working out
    Doability... Eating a "runners diet" 4 times a week (challenge meeter out 10... 8)
    Sleeping before 11pm 4 times a week (9)
    Exercising 6 days a week. Run 3 days. Workout 3 days. Rest 1 day
    Measurable... The before and after. From a no pack to a 6 pack. That's 1 1/2 packs per week! (ok. So that might be a doability of 11)
    Goal... Healthy habits to become a Machine in March!
    WE CAN ALL REACH OUR GOALS IF WE MAKE IT FUN!
    Great website... runnersworld.com for "runners diet", workout plans, etc...

    ReplyDelete