Wednesday, February 24, 2010

134/82

It was a good morning and a great visit with my doctor! It's been a month since I've seen her and I must say she was quite proud of me. I told her that I took her advice very seriously last time and made some changes. She chuckled at the thought of someone actually taking a doctor's advice seriously.
My blood pressure went down and so did my weight. I lost six pounds and my blood pressure is down to a non-medication level of 134/82. The goal is to get it down to 120/80 so these are encouraging numbers.
Fitness February is winding down and I must say that I'm proud of myself as well. I'm proud of all of us for taking the steps to change, learn and grow.
Thank you to everyone for your encouragement and support. It is truly helpful and appreciated.
Fitness March is just around the corner and there are more goals to make.
I hear ideas of a family garden behind my parents house and I couldn't be more ecstatic of that possibility. Ralna, Justin and I got really excited over the thought. Last year, my mom had a "Harvest Party" and Justin suggested the garden as a "Spring Awakening" to plant and nurture before our mom's 2nd annual Harvest Party.
Anyways, just some ideas to throw out there and think about.
The week is winding down and I hope it is going well for everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Susa, I'm so proud of you and what you have already accomplished! Good Job! A quote ran across my computer this morning, "Health is our greatest possession" by Lao Tzu. Anyone could have said it, but looking at the importance of our health is what matters. 21 days of starting a routine, working the routine, becomes a routine!

    Soon March Madness is coming up! What's in store for all of us?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulation Susa!!! that is very good news about your BP and overall check-up. It is very encouraging when the numbers actually show some improvement. I'm actually okay when the numbers are stable too, as long as I know and feel that I am improving physically and mentally. I myself am feeling better everyday that I make my health a priority. Thanks for all your sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good new Susa! Congratulations!!

    I guess its not Lao Tzu, but as my pops says, Health is Wealth, or another good one from a friend of mine, its not the age is the milage All of them are VERY true.

    Again, Susa Congraulations!! Great news!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats Susa....we are so proud of you. Talking and thinking about making changes in our lifestyle habits is one thing - doing it and sticking to it is totally another. Good work girl :)

    March Madness is on! I am ready to kick it up a gear and keep going. I stuck to my fitness goals this month for the most part - still cannot quite run up fountaingrove all the way - but I am close :) Tomorrow marks another year gone by for Tim and I and it is a great symbol (as is Spring's arrival) for a new start and a another new commitment to our health.

    And I am BEYOND excited at the idea of a communal garden - it is something I have always wanted to do once we own our own home and have the space. We are in and will help in anyway we can! We had a ton of weeds/overgrowth in our yard and have lots of tools to clear that stuff out. We are just about to do some more planting in our garden - any seeds/bulbs I have left over I will save! So exciting!

    ReplyDelete