I was watching ESPN and a reporter was interviewing a professional football player and she asked if "this" (not relevant) was MOTIVATION leading into the game. The pro bowler replied, "MOTIVATION? MOTIVATION is for grade schoolers!" I felt like he was talking to me, so then I yelled back, defensively, (at the TV), "Hey, I'm not a grade schooler! (pause)Yeah! MOTIVATION is for kids!" Now I can't hear that word without thinking of the pro bowler and I realized, that is the attitude I need. Basically he was saying I'm a grown ass man, I shouldn't need to be motivated, I just am!
So, I'm replacing motivation with INSPIRATION. Reading everyone's blogs and comments is not only entertaining but INSPIRING! It INSPIRES me to work toward my goals and to create new goals in other aspects of my life besides fitness! So I will say it wasn't motivation that got me up at 5:50 this morning, I was INSPIRED by Fitness February to get an early jump! Plus I was excited to make oatmeal and drink coffee! Thanks cousin (Alita)!
I would like to thank all the participants and bloggers especially RO (the postcard is awesome! I can use a couple more to place everywhere...for INSPIRATION!) Everyone, please keep posting! It is great to hear about what people are doing this month!
Truly inspiring...Good job today Brother!
ReplyDeleteI love you!
Way to twist that word motivation. I like it. And 5:50! I'm hours behind. Thanks for the inspiration.
ReplyDeleteGreat way to start the day....read the blogs!
ReplyDeleteAgreed~the blogs are motivating.
ReplyDelete