Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 3

I finished my first workout of C25K: a 5 minute warm-up walk, then alternated 60 seconds of jogging and 90 seconds of walking for a total of 20 minutes, and a 5 minute cooldown walk.
I am both humbled and elated.
Although many of you have said you wanted to step-up your routines or do more, I think I might have to in order to stay on a 9 week schedule to a 5k!

I am both humbled and elated. I admire all of your runners out there...I will be thinking of Alita, Ralphi, Chris and Jamie when you're running Half Marathons & Marathons in Huntington Beach. For me and in honor of you participants, I will do my walk/run workout as well!


7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Susa! Very Cool!!!

    FebFitClub Day 3:
    Did my normal routine but went to level 8 on the cardio. Huge diffrence in heart rate very interesting. I was suprised, but it was a very good workout. One other new thing i did today was for my weights i decided that I should work on my weakest parts of my body.... in this case my left side, so for 2 out of the 3 repetions i did my left side. A killer hurts like heck!!!, but i think that it could be benifical for my aches and pains situation. Be unbalanced hurts both sides of the body. Anyway, a good work out today.

    Again, Congratulations Susa, this is HUGE!!!! I'm very happy for you, take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great workout Sus! There has to be a start and that's the first victory! Keep it up! To ease the pains after, be sure to STRETCH, that's one thing I think we all take for granted. And the next best way to ease the pain is to do it again! Plus you are an ATHLETE! You have just been in retirement, and you still got it in you!

    And great work in the gym Ralph! Only the first week and your kicking it up a notch! I like the idea of tricking your muscles by doing something different or working on weaknesses!!

    For me personally I am resting and building energy for my Sunday run! I went on a light 2 mile run today. I've been in search of ways to be in bed by 11, and I may be on to something. I've brought back the Enya. Enya radio from Pandora and spend at least 15 min. stretching in the dark. It may become my favorite part of the day.

    Thanks for the shot out! We will all be needing some support!
    Good night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah Susa! Starting is the hardest part and you did it. Just keep at it. And then keep at it some more.

    Today, I was sore because Nikki and I did the ab ripper workout from the P90X video. Wow, if anyone is up for an intense ab workout you can see the actual P90X workout on youtube. I've also been running a few miles a day, trying to channel my inner Ralph and Alita. Good job everyone. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job everyone!!! I am loving the workout updates! I took the day off yesterday but I am SOOO encouraged by everyones workouts. Excited hit the gym tonight. Love you all!!! Thanks for blogging!!! Alita

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hooray! Way to go everyone! Extra stars for Susa starting her program! I managed to do a zumba class with 40 other women at 11:00 alm. (wow!~). The energy was INTENSE. Does having your car "worked on" count as a "workout"? or maybe it was that they "worked me over", sure cost enough, ouch....

    ReplyDelete
  6. A juanit, you're the dancing queen! Ralph, really...enya...oh there's too much to say. Enya will be the woman in your life for now, so sweet.

    I'm catching the end of oprah and I think it's a show about diabetes that they're calling the "silent killer" so you can check it out. They're showing recipes on traditional southern foods made w/ less sugar.

    Susa's work out gear is quite adorable. It's the gear that gets ya started. love to all!

    ReplyDelete
  7. enya in the dark....lol...too much (i might have to try that, because I'm so sore... it hurts to stand).

    I don't think I've officially stated my goals for this month....I've decided that I will do at least 20 minutes of cardio, 3 times a week. Jay and I are also taking a tennis class together on Friday nights, so that's exciting. We decided that we should get into something active that that we can enjoy now and when we're old...one of my classes called it "lifelong leisure". The price also fit the budget: $30 for 18 weeks. Bless the community college system! Love you guys! Ralph and A Juanit...you both are so awesome... truly inspiring!

    ReplyDelete