I wanted to Thank everyone for their support on the Surf City Marathon! It was an amazing event! 20,000 runners plus all the fans and volunteers made this the biggest race I've participated in! For all the women, you were represented by being 64% of the runners! Go Ladies! So congrats Alita for representin! (I'll let her blog about her experience.)
I have to say if it wasn't for FebFitClub, and the twins in pink, I probably wouldn't have been able to get my PB (Personal Best) this race. I felt good during and after the race, which was a good change for me. (Reminisce of Marin 09) It was amazing to see so many people of all ages gathering! There were bout 4 to 5 stages with bands playing music throughout the course, so no need for headphones. Had great views from snow capped mountains to waves crashing, and did i mention 64% of the runners were women! I call them "pace setters". But most of all i was able to enjoy the experience with Chris, Jaime, and Alita. Plus all of the FebFitClub!
Week 2 I started out by resting and stretching... then advil, then stretching, and more stretching and more advil. Excited to get back in it tomorrow! I think I need to have something else to work toward now... Any ideas?, events?, let me know! Maybe FebFitClub can create our own event... You know, another excuse to get together and party!
Hope everyone has a good week! Goodnight.
Monday, February 8, 2010
I hope everyone had a great start for week two! I'm in bed blogging... before 11!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Congrats to all the North Cal transplants (can we say So Cal ; )
ReplyDeletedid all set out to do again today, and add 5 extra situps!
I had a thought that maybe i should make some little spreadsheet of all my activities. I'm pretty much using this site as a journal.
Well, if we all keep it up maybe i will make us all a joomla site where it could have that sort of individualized journal. We shall see.
Anyway, good work everyone hang in there!
Rest up...well done! Love your updates. Keepin Keepin on. More pilates tonight...
ReplyDelete