Monday, February 1, 2010

FebFitClub Day 1

Well, i'm happy to say i'm well enough to finally work out, so today i did my interval training cardio that i haven't done in about 6 weeks. If anyone is interested in trying it here is what i do, not really anything fancy.

i do it on a stationary bicycle. I set the bike to random program for 30 min's at level 7 of 10, so then I go as fast as i can for one min, and then I take it easy for the next four min. So, basically the routine is fast at 1min, 5min,10min, 15min etc. so you only go fast 6 times... at least in this system. Anyway, it gets the heart going and personally i like to sweat so thats it.

Then i did my morning and evening pushup's, i have been adding one a day, so i'm up to sixteen twice a day now.

Then i did some weights becaues my arms have been feeling weird lately, i think i'm loosing muscle or something since i have been sick for so long. so, i did 3 repitions for 3 diffrent weight machines. My reps are in 8's.

It felt great and i didn't even cough. Then i stretched which is my favorite part. my plan is to do this for the next three days, and then hopefully next week. i will start doing pilates again. The idea is to do cardio 2-3 times a week and do pilates 2-3 times a week. So, we shall see.

anyway, hope everyone enjoyed there first day. i know i did and good luck to everyone!

4 comments:

  1. That's quite a plan you have going, Ralph. I have never done a pilates class but I'd like to try some day.

    Day One for me: b/c it's my day off I was able to do a double day...and I'm in pain. I did a run/walk/sprint/stretch that totalled 1 hour then I went to a yoga class and tried a new studio.

    Ah, yoga...such a wonderful thing. I get in positions that release what may be toxins or something, but I feel it all! ouch! The first minute I sat crossed legged and lied back and my lower back was screaming at me. When I moved between positions i was slower than I ever had been. Oh, but it hurts so good.

    Tomorrow is another adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job guys!!! Day one down!!!

    My day one workout started at 7:00pm. I didn't think after a long day at work, driving home and dinner with the hubby that my workout would feel overwhelming.

    However, I went to the gym, got on the olypitcal and started going. At 5 mintutes I thought 40 was far fetched UNTIL I took a minute to pray for anyone who popped into my mind.

    I prayed for each person or family for a minute. Then I after no time at I was up to 29 minutes. Music got me through the last 11 minutes.

    I was excited to get off the machine and hit the weights. Then, I did some abs and went in the steam room. I left the gym with a smile and day one accomplished.
    Love you guys! Happy Day two! Off to work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Everyone sounds like they're on fire...good job!
    Day 1 was a good start for me. I've been eating a lot better and then I took a 45 minute walk at lunch...I think Wednesday is going to be my first 5k training day...I'm a little nervous :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You go Sus~ I think you'll love the 5k training. My first day went very well, Zumba'd in th AM and Pilate'd in the PM. Here's a great, quick breakfast, 1/2c Greek yogurt, 1/2c blueberries (I prefer to defrost the frozen ones), 1/4c almonds. Yum~

    ReplyDelete