Wow - Ralphie - congrats on your new Personal Best!! That is awesome (especially with the fact that you felt great during and after!!) and something to be so proud of! It really inspires me to kick up my running another notch and go for that 1/2 marathon goal that has sort of always been in the back of my head - but fear has kind of always kept it there. Ralna and I talked about doing a 12K in the next couple of months - and maybe I will set a 1/2 marathon goal for myself for the end of summer. who else is in??? ;)
For Febfit - I have comitted to running about 12-15 miles a week, at least one yoga class (2 ideally), and my kick-ass Jillian Michaels DVD (which seriously gets me sweating like nothing else) for strength training at least 2 times a week. My week one went great - I am holding it down for the folks on Mission Blvd. - though Tim is doing some great work on his iron gym (still working on getting him out running with me - but it is pretty hard on his hip) - and my Mom has made it out for a couple walks. I almost reached one small goal of mine already - to run up Fountaingrove all the way (which I hadn't done since before I had Jax) and I almost did it (just minus the EXTREMELY steep part which is kind of tough on my knees). Looking to run the whole thing hopefully by the end of Feb! Ralna - you are doing this with me girl!!
As Ralna blogged - week 2 has started out great too - we had a febfit rendevous here in S.R. that was really fun - the Zumba class rocked - the Latina girl in me came out in full force!! So much fun - thanks for introduction A. Juanit - I definately will be coming more often!!
Everyone seems to be doing so awesome - this support rocks - thanks Ralna for starting it all up - and getting our butts moving!
Sara
Wednesday, February 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yes, Sara I will run that Fountaingrove with you at some point this month. It really helps to have a partner so I love scheduling work out dates. Balancing exercising and mommy time seems like a difficult challenge so I'm always impressed with you!
ReplyDelete